- Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley says “policy is her love language” and “if hurt and harm can be legislated, so can healing and justice.”
- Rep. Pressley has dedicated her life to public service. Before winning her seat in Congress, she worked for Senator John Kerry and Congressman Joseph P. Kennedy II, and served in Boston’s City Council as the first woman of color elected to the Council in its 100-year history.
- Rep Pressley introduced People’s Justice Guarantee, an initiative to address the problem of mass incarceration and our broken criminal legal system. This was developed in coalition with several grassroots organizations, advocates, and individuals including United We Dream Network.
- Rep Pressley is a fierce advocate for immigrant rights, boldly calling for the abolishment of ICE, against building the wall, and for the end of Title 42.
- Rep Pressley recognizes the urgency in creating a pathway to citizenship for undocumented people in the US without harming our communities. She co-sponsored and advocated for the American Dream and Promise Act which passed in the House, and supported the inclusion of a path to citizenship in the BBB.
- Rep Pressley along with over a dozen other Congresspeople was arrested protesting for reproductive rights after the Dobbs decision from the Supreme Court.