- Michelle is the daughter of Mexican immigrants who came to the U.S. and made a home in the Rio Grande Valley.
- Michelle has faced discrimination and criticism for her roots, her curly hair and even the way she talks mixing English and Spanish.
- Michelle has always been a part of the community. When her mom died in 2010, she stepped up to help her dad run a flea market (pulga) for working class sellers. She has also co-founded groups that advance women of color in public life.
- Michelle is an unapologetic progressive committed to fight for abortion rights, Medicare for All, a $15 dollar minimum wage, free college education, and immigration justice.
- Her race is one of the most competitive in the country. Michelle will run against a extreme right-wing opponent who wants to build Trump’s Wall, add more agents, detention centers and deny people the right to abortion.