- Pramila Jayapal is an immigrant from India who came to the US at the age of sixteen. She is the first South Asian American woman ever elected to Congress.
- As a result of the increasing xenophobia in the post 9/11 era, she founded OneAmerica, the largest immigrants/refugee rights organization in Washington State.
- Pramila was one of the key leaders who fought back each and every racist policies from the Trump Administrations such as family separation, the Wall, the termination of DACA, Remain in Mexico, Title 42 and others.
- She is not only a champion pushing pro-immigrant policies, but also other key policies that would benefit Black, brown and working class people such as medicare for all, college for all, housing as a human right, canceling student debt, $15 minimum wage among others.
- Pramila is the leader of the increasingly influential Progressive Caucus in Congress. Under her leadership, the Caucus has successfully leveraged its power to push the Biden administration leftward.
- She is a proud mother of a trans child named Janak and is an outspoken supporter of LGBTQ rights.